Online applications are available for the citizens of India and overseas to apply for various Vacancies. The vacancy application includes the vacant post of Professor of Psychology and Assistant Professor of Psychology. The eligibility criteria and further details of the vacancies are as follows.
The Central University of Karnataka (CUK) is a central university located in the state of Karnataka, India. It was established in 2009 by the Central Universities Act, 2009, and is one of the 16 central universities established by the Government of India during the same period. CUK is currently running 16 Departments. It includes 7 schools and 1 center and offers 9 Dual degree programs, 15 master’s degree programs, and 16 Research (Ph.D.) programs.
Professor of Psychology
There is 1 vacancy available for a Professor of Psychology at CUK. The eligibility for this is divided into 2 parts as available below. The candidate has to full fill 1 part of the eligibility in order to become eligible for this vacancy. Also, the pay matrix for this post is Level 14 (₹1,44,200 – ₹2,18,200).
Eligibility Criteria (A or B):
- An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 as per UGC Regulations 2018.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in a University/College as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at an equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided at least one doctoral candidate.
- An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above) / industry, who has made a significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years experience.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
The total Vacancies available for this post is also 1. The eligibility criteria for this are mentioned below. The candidate has to fulfill all the available requirements. Also, the pay matrix for this post is Level 13A (₹1,31,100 – ₹2,16,600).
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade on a point scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience in teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of an Assistant Professor in a University, College, or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy-five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 as per UGC Regulations 2018.
The applicant should visit the Apply Now link and register as a new Candidate. After verifying the Mobile Number, log in on the application portal. Now, Fill out all the details and upload the related documents. To complete the application the candidate should pay the application fees. After paying the Application fee the application procedure will be complete. Now, the candidate has to print the online application. The hard copy of the online application along with self-attested copies of testimonials/certificates should reach the below available address on/before 24th April 2023.
The heading of the envelope carrying the hard copy should be mentioned as “Application for the post of ___________ in the Department of ______________”. The application must reach The Registrar, Central University of Karnataka, Kadaganchi, Aland Road, Kalaburagi District -585 367. Click here for the Offlicial Notice.
The Application Fees for the same are ₹ 2,500 for UR/OBC/EWS Candidates and ₹1,000 for SC/ST Candidates.