Aligarh Muslim University also known as AMU is one of the oldest Universities in India. It was originally established in 1875 by the name of Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental College in the British Rule and it later was reformed as Aligarh Muslim University in 1920 by Aligarh Muslim University Act.
AMU has invited online applications from eligible candidates for filling up the vacancy of Assistant professor of Psychology on a Contract basis in Woman’s college (AMU). The salary will be fixed and the same as a new assistant professor salary till the end of the academic session of 2021-22. The eligibility criteria and important dates with the information about the post are given below:
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor of Psychology
Posting Place: Woman’s College (AMU)
Number of Vacancy: 1(One)
Eligibility Criteria (A or B):
1. A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from and accredited foreign University.
2. A Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time, as the case may be.
Provide the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009 shall be governed by the provision of the existing Ordinances/ Bye-Laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be eligible for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in the University subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. Degree of the candidates has been awarded in a regular mode
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted
- The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. word, out of which at least one in a referred journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfillment of above condition is to be certified by the Registrar/Controller of Examination of the University.
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
- The Times Higher Education (THE)
- The Academic Ranking of world Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao University(Shanghai)
Important Dates and information:
Last date and Time to submit PDF copy of the application: 18 August 2021 (Till 4:00 PM)
Date and Time of the Interview: 27 August 2021 at 3:00 PM
Place of the Interview will be the Office of the Dean (Faculty of Social Sciences)
Click here to apply for the Post Now
Click here to read the Official Notice
Click here to go to Official site of AMU
For the latest updates of Psychology Entrance exams keep following us on our social media and visit our website regularly to stay updated.
The web update page: http://www.upseducation.in/update/